In Mrs. Brucker's class, we will learn skills and tools that will make us
good students and great adults.

Monday, August 27, 2012

heritage


(n) – Heritage is a person’s (or group’s) background or tradition; the traditional beliefs, values, customs etc of a family, country, or society.
  • Synonyms: ancestry, culture, custom, legacy, tradition, past
  • Etymology: Early 13th Century Latin, from heredis meaning "heir,” which originally comes from the Greek word khera meaning "widow"
  • Morphology: n - heir
  • Example: This week, we will start reading about how your heritage makes you who you are.
Let's take a virtual field trip to a city whose citizens are celebrating with a Heritage Festival!

What is your heritage?

6 comments:

  1. Camryn says last night when I was watching TV I heard the sentence "our gameboard today will be Danvill it's self for it's rich archaticial heritage". On the show phineas and ferb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan says,
    I watched the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" and they used the word heritage when they were talking about how the brides heritage was Greek and the groom's wasn't .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelby says,I also watched "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"and heard the word heritage.

      Delete
    2. Shelby says, to be honest I don't know what my heritage is.

      Delete
  3. Greta says, I was looking up our fab five person and I found the word heritage on biography.com!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelby says,On T.V. theres a new thing called Hespanic Heritage month.

    ReplyDelete