In Mrs. Brucker's class, we will learn skills and tools that will make us
good students and great adults.

Friday, August 31, 2012

vague


(adj.) - Something that is vague is unclear because someone does not give enough detailed information or does not say exactly what they mean.

  • Synonyms: unclear, hazy, confusing
  • Antonyms: clear, sure, definite
  • Etymology: 1548 Latin, from vagus meaning "wandering, rambling"
  • Example: Be careful not to use vague pronouns when starting your sentences or I might not know to whom you are referring when you describe the thing with the guy at the place!


4 comments:

  1. Jordyn says vague: The thing with the guy at the place.Not vague:The puppy was with Doctor Mike at the vet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camryn says when I was watching TV I heard the sentence "It is a vague disciption of us".
    On the show house crashers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jordyn says when we got in the car after school my sister told who she by at luch she said " i sat by this preson and ate stuff" I said " your being so vague!".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelby says,vague:The thing with the guy at the place.Clear:The fluffy big blue bunny with the weird salesman at the fun toy store!

    ReplyDelete