In Mrs. Brucker's class, we will learn skills and tools that will make us
good students and great adults.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

chronicle

(n) - A chronicle is a written record of a series of events, especially historical events, written in the order that they happened.
(v) - To chronicle events is to describe them in the order that they happened.

  • Synonyms: history, story, journal, diary, record, report
  • Etymology: 1300 Greek, from khronikos meaning "of time."
  • Morphology: chronological - adj, chronology - n, chronic - adj
  • Example: Your report cards, which you will take home today, are a chronicle of your hard work this year.

1 comment:

  1. Molly Says,

    Here's the chronicle of my day on January 17 2013. I woke up and then went to the kitchen and ate a few recess muffins and drank some orange juice. Then I went to my room and picked out clothes.Next I took my vitimans and went back to my room and got dressed.Then I went to the bathroom and got out my toothpaste and brush and brushes my teeth. Next I went to the kitchen and packed my lunch and got my snack Then i got on my shoes,coat, and backpack then I headed off to school.

    ReplyDelete