In Mrs. Brucker's class, we will learn skills and tools that will make us
good students and great adults.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

intrigued


(adj.) - If you are intrigued by something, it interests you a lot because it seems strange or mysterious.
*This word can also be used as a verb.
  • Synonyms: attracted, captivated, excited, interested
  • Antonyms: bored, uninterested
  • Origin: 1610 Latin, from in- meaning "in" + tricæ meaning "toys, tricks"
  • Example: I am very intrigued by the concept of space. Although it sounds extremely interesting, I am not sure if I would love to go there or not...
Most people are intrigued by black holes... and I am one of them. Let's find out more:

What is something you have heard or seen that intrigues you?
What do you want to know about it?

1 comment:

  1. Andon Says, Somthing that intrigues me is a good book.

    ReplyDelete