(v.) - To trek is to travel (usually walking) a long, long way.
- Synonyms: expedition, march, journey
- Antonyms: stay
- Origin: 1849 (n.); 1850 (v.) Dutch, from trecken meaning "to march, journey," which originally meant "to draw, pull”
- Example: As much fun as it would be to trek across the USA for real, I am glad we get to do it for "pretend" first!
Dylan N. says,
ReplyDeleteOne trek that I went on was when I went camping and went on a hike.When I took the hike it was a long excursion but best of all I was deft I running,and when everyone was tired I was still vigorous.
Gabby says... One time when I went on a trek was when I was going to Indiana and my dad came to Montana to drive two of my brothers and me. We stopped to eat and go to the bathroom and for gas. I was so incredulous to meet my step-mom and my step-brother. They both were pretty nice! That was a time I went on a trek.
ReplyDeleteI went on a trek when I was going to Mount Rushmore. It was a good excursion. I don't think it was a daft decision to go there. I had a abundant amount of fun when I was there.
ReplyDeleteShelby says,
ReplyDeleteThe time I was on a trek was when my family went to Disney land.We flew to Phoenix.My brother was excited to fly but I was reluctant of flying up up and away from home. Kellan has a reputation of being loud on a trip.We drove to San Diego to see some friends.After 2 days we went to Universal Studios.I got my family tickets call speed passes.When you have those you can go to a special line and the will let you go before everyone else.Then we went to Disney Land.We spent 4 days there.Then we came home.
Molly says,
ReplyDeleteThe time I went on a trek was when my family went on a hike to a waterfall while we were by the water fall there was a throng of people there the sight was marvelous.
Sophia says,
ReplyDeleteA time when I went on a trek was when my family went hiking. I was scared because I thought there was bears and it was kismet because at that moment we heard a bear growl. It was a scary juncture of my life. But now the proportion of my fear of bears is waning.
Sophia says,
ReplyDeleteA time when I went on a trek was when my family went hiking. I was scared because I thought there was bears and it was kismet because at that moment we heard a bear growl. It was a scary juncture of my life. But now the proportion of my fear of bears is waning.
Jordyn says, One time my family went on a trek to New York. We had the alternative to take a plain but we wanted a 3 day excursion. We had to accumulate a lot of gas so we could make it there. I was so elated when we made it to New York.
ReplyDeleteIf you are running a 5 mile race it might be a big trek for you. But if you keep persevering you will win the race!
ReplyDelete