In Mrs. Brucker's class, we will learn skills and tools that will make us
good students and great adults.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

intricate

(adj) - Something intricate contains many small parts or details that all work or fit together.

  • Synonyms: complicated, detailed, elaborate
  • Antonyms: simple, understandable, easy
  • Etymology: Late 15th Century Latin, from in- meaning "in" + tricæ meaning "toys, tricks"
  • Morphology: intricacy
  • Example: If you look at a road map, you will see many more intricate details about places in our country than if you look at a physical map.
The human brain is an incredibly intricate piece of machinery! Look at these images to see what I mean...
 

1 comment:

  1. Megan say's,
    Today I was watching the Looney Tunes show and Daffy Duck was descrbing hair and said "The hair has to be perfect and intricate."I celebrated with a big "Woo Woo."

    ReplyDelete