(adj) - If you persevere, you continue trying to do something in a very determined way, even though it may be difficult - this is a compliment!
- Synonyms: carry on, continue, stick it out, keep going, pursue, be strong
- Antonyms: give up, leave, quit, stop
- Etymology: Mid-14th Century Latin, from per- meaning "very" + severus meaning "strict" (which is where we get the word sever)
- Morphology: perseverance, perservative, perseverant
- Example: When the going gets tough, the tough persevere!
This week's Fab Five person is relevant to this object:
Who invented this object?
Do some research to find out!
It may be difficult, but don't give up - just persevere!
Hint: C---- H-------

Megan says,
ReplyDeleteI did not want to persevere in the 800 meter run last year but I did and got first.
Shelby says,At the Buddy Walk we have a run and I was ready to give up but I persevered.
ReplyDelete