*This word is often used as an adjective (ex: Most libraries have myriad books from which to choose.)
- Synonyms: abundance, bounty, wealth, pile, load
- Antonyms: lack, deficiency, shortage
- Etymology: 1550s Greek, from myrios meaning "innumerable, countless, infinite; boundless," or as an actual number, "ten thousand," which was the greatest number the Greeks could express with just one word.
- Example: We are finally beginning to accumulate a myriad of impressive words on our wall!
Click here to play Analogy Jeopardy, where you will get to test your skill at a myriad of analogies!
Jordyn says,
ReplyDeletePolar bears there are not a myriad of polar bears left and I do not think they are fun to collaborate with.Some people might be nonchalant about polar bears but I go CRAZY about them I wish I could talked polar bear lingo I also think that polar bears are intricate animals that are fuzzy and furious I wish a fairy godmother could modify me into a polar bear it's tantalizing to me if I see a polar bear thing I have to do something with it or get it polar bears are very intriguing to me.
Grace says,
ReplyDeleteHello my name is Grace From Outer Space.I have a myriad of nicknames, such as this one I just said.Did you know one time I was being very clandestine and I drew on the back of my leather couch with my nail, and wrote My Name is Grace From Outer Space with a planet by it. I sure have so weird lingo. Next I'm going to tell you more about me, well I
Dylan.A-myriad There are a myriad of stars in our universe.They have intrigued and stimulated peoples minds because there is a ubiquitous amount of them.They bolster our thinking on how the universe works.We try to acquire as much information as we can to try to understand them.We are bewildered and facinated about space.
ReplyDeleteGabby says...In space there are a myriad of stars. But some stars form to make a cluster of stars. I'm so incredulous by how many stars are in space! I always contemplate about many things in space like how many other galaxies there are and how many total stars are in space! I would want to go to space but I'm reluctant because some astronauts have died. I have a great reputation for for space. Space makes me feel gregarious because I love to look at the stars and they are so beautiful! I love to lay on the ground and look at the stars on a cool and breezy night. I feel like I have serenity!
ReplyDelete