In Mrs. Brucker's class, we will learn skills and tools that will make us
good students and great adults.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

reluctant


(adj) - If you are reluctant to do something, you are slow and unwilling to do it.
  • Synonyms: unsure, hesitant, afraid, shy
  • Antonyms: ready, willing, enthusiastic
  • Etymology: 1641 Latin, from re- "again" + luctari "to struggle."
  • Morphology: reluctance, reluctantly
  • Example: If you would be reluctant to bring home an orphaned bear cub, well you should be!
 I wonder if Ben Mikaelsen feels that way today...

    2 comments:

    1. Dylan says,A time I was reluctant is when I was at a Mustangs game and I was playing catch with my friend and the ball went into the field so he wanted me to go get it.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Shelby says,A time I was reluctant when we went on the ride sky moutin in Disney world I didn't want to go but I did it anyway.

      ReplyDelete