In Mrs. Brucker's class, we will learn skills and tools that will make us
good students and great adults.

Monday, March 11, 2013

abundant

(adj.) - Something that is abundant exists or is available in large quantities so that there is more than enough.
  • Synonyms: filled, plenty, more than sufficient, overflowing
  • Antonyms: lacking, insufficient, not enough
  • Etymology: Late 14th century Latin, from ab- meaning "off" + undare meaning "rise in a wave," which comes from unda meaning "water, wave"
  • Morphology: abundance - n
  • Example: Andon's sister, Shayla, provides abundant examples of things that are abundant.
Pick-A-Pair Game
America's Heartland has more examples of things that are abundant:
Virtual Field Trip

4 comments:

  1. Jacob says I have an abundant amount of t.v.s at my house I want to accumulate more and more so it would be 2x better to watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacob says our class has an abundant amount of words and adjectives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luke says,I have an abundant amount baseballs around my house figuratively speaking.The reason I have a lot of baseballs is because I am vigorous to play baseball.Every time the Billings Mustangs come to town I see a huge variation in my baseballs I accumulate more and more baseballs.There is a ubiquitous amount of baseballs in my backyard some of them are left vulnerable then my dogs get them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molly says,

    Something that is abundant at my house is books.I have a ubiquitous amount of books at my house.I have been accumulating books for many years now.I now contemplate if I will ever have a scarce amount of of books.My mom believes that I should not have a myriad of books and should have a scarce amount of books or zilch books.Something we accumulate in the class room is W.O.D.That's what I accumulate at home and in the class room.

    ReplyDelete