In Mrs. Brucker's class, we will learn skills and tools that will make us
good students and great adults.

Friday, March 8, 2013

quibble

(v) - If you quibble with someone, you argue over small, unimportant details or trivial matters.
*This word can also be used as a noun.
  • Synonyms: bicker, argue, disagree
  • Antonyms: agree, discuss
  • Etymology: 1610s English, meaning "a pun, a play on words," which is probably from quib meaning "evasion of the point at issue"
  • Example: It seems like there is a point in every year when students start to quibble about football at recess. 

3 comments:

  1. Jacob says it is easy to try not to quibble with brothers and sisters for me because I don't have any!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabby says... A time I quibbled with someone was my brother. My brother always makes me woeful because he calls me names. But I say inside my head to myself "sticks and stones may break my bones but names can't hurt me." But I still hurt inside I just try not to show it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luke Says,A time when I quibbled with someone was with my friend over if you would roll of Mt.Everest or just fall.

    ReplyDelete