*This word could also be used as a verb.
- Synonyms: delighted, ecstatic, excited, exhilarated, joyful
- Antonyms: depressed, down, sad, unhappy, nonchalant
- Etymology: 1570s Latin, from elatus meaning "to raise, elevate, or uplift"
- Morphology: elation - n, elate - v
- Example: I was elated when I heard about all of the new technology we will be receiving!
Jacob says the tie that I was elated was when we got our computers!
ReplyDeleteGabby says... One time when I was elated was when I got the Barbie dream townhouse for Christmas. I was very incredulous when I opened it. My dad got it for me! My dad is very gregarious. Isn't my dad awesome and kind?
ReplyDeleteLuke Says,Something the makes me feel elated is waking Kole up in a taboo way.
ReplyDeleteMegan says,
ReplyDeleteA time when I was elated was when I got a new dog.My dad surprised me and I was incredulous when I walked out the back door and dad was with a dog!We accumulated lots and lots of love that day! Our dog is the epitome of all dogs!